Sunday, April 3, 2011

Apple Pear Crisp


Happy Sunday Evening All!

Just thought I would share a recent dessert I made last week when we had some people from the church over for Once. I was going to go with your "run 'o the mill" apple crisp when I got a good suggestion by my husband to throw some pears in there too. It was delicious! 


I just used the same Joy of Baking recipe for apple crisp, adding a bit more of everything, and it turned out great. Here are some pictures, of course I took it out of the oven after my guests arrived - and not wanting to be "that" person taking pictures of her food while guests are over...there is no after picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it! 


It was a busy weekend, more to come on that later...but the kids' memory verse of the day was: "Se lo llevaron injustamente, y no hubo quien lo defendiera; nadie se preocupó de su destino" (Isaías 53:8) - look it up for the English translation! It's not the lightest verse, but we are going through the passion week study in preparation for Easter in a few weeks. 


Blessings,
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment