Saturday, February 12, 2011

Second English Course Comes to an End

Yesterday finished the second intensive English class I offered to the church, and it was great! The students were all youth, all super excited to learn, and they did so well! I had many of the same students from the first English course, and so we were able to pick up where we left off and continue with our lessons in vocabulary, grammar, conversation, etc.


The last day everyone brought a dessert to share, and during our "break" in between sessions we had a bit of a potluck. I made a birthday cake for one of the students, my first try at a cake made from scratch and it turned out pretty well!

White Butter Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting

It's been really cool to teach English here, a wonderful practice for me but also a good opportunity for people to take advantage of a free English course. Many students have told me that they appreciate learning from a native speaker.

Last night it was so exciting to give them all conversation topics and hear the buzz of English conversations throughout the room. Talk about a blast! I am hoping to continue to offer English classes on Thursday nights as I had previously done, but am also interested in maybe expanding to Saturday classes or something more....

This weekend we have another camping trip, so stay posted for pictures/videos from that!

Have a great weekend,
Missy (and Jordan)

No comments:

Post a Comment