Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sourdough Bread

Just made my second batch of sourdough bread from the sourdough starter I started about eight months ago. Still figuring everything out with cooking time, but having some sourdough bread is such a nice change -- have we mentioned that there is basically no variety in bread here?? Sometimes when we go into the city we are able to find something a bit different, fluffier or heavier. But sourdough? No. way.


I use this website for the process, and it's worked pretty well. The first time around I could not for the life of me get the bread out of the clay pot I used, but this time around I coated that thing with oil (possibly in excess!) and added a heap of oats at the bottom to allow for easy removal and voila! It worked!


Jordan loves this bread, I'm not completely into yet - and I think more than anything it has to do with the starter needing more time to develop it's flavor.

Warm with some butter

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Anyone out there have a good tried and true sourdough bread recipe I should check out??

Blessings to you this Sunday!
Missy

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!!!! Looks yummy!! That's so funny there isn't much variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry and this looks chewy and dense....just needs the Italian Delight! I love you!

    ReplyDelete