Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pear Muffin Recipe



Hello All!

So, with the lack of posts that we've put up, I thought I would post a recipe I started using a few months ago but just haven't put up on here yet! The great thing about this recipe is that it is super flexible and you can add just about whatever you want and it will turn out great. The recipe is originally from here  AND here - basically I mixed them both to get more of an oatmeal-based muffin. These are great for snacks or breakfast treats!


So here is more or less what I've used:

2 c. oats (quick or regular work)
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. soft butter
1 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. chopped peeled pear (1 or 2 lg.)
1/2 c. milk (skim = healthier!)
2/3 cup plain non fat yogurt (I have also used strawberry - adds a bit more flavor without being too strong)
1 egg 


Combine oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Remove 2 1/2 cups to large mixing bowl. Combine soft butter with remaining oatmeal mixture (I use VERY little butter, the oats and sugar stick to the top of the muffins pretty well once baked); set aside. Stir flour (again, you can use more oatmeal, less flour - whatever ratio you want), baking powder, and salt into oatmeal mixture in large bowl. Combine milk, yogurt, and egg. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Stir in pear (as much as you want! The more the better!). Spoon into 12 greased or lined muffin cups filling 1/2 full. (I usually have enough extra for 6 more muffins) Sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture over tops. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees. (They may take longer, I know my bake time is closer to 20 minutes, but most of my recipe times are different down in Chile....not sure why)

 Mixing the Oats

 Batter

 Pears

 Chopped Pears

 Muffin Tops

Enjoy!

Blessings All,
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment